new Delhi. The shadow of the corona virus is seen falling from public sector banks. The third quarter results are similar. The profit of Indian Bank, the country’s public bank, doubled in December 2020. The special thing is that the income also doubled as compared to the same quarter of the previous financial year. Let us also tell you what kind of data has been given by Indian Bank.
Profit and income figures
– Indian Bank’s profit more than doubled to Rs 514.28 crore in the third quarter of the current financial year.
– In the same quarter of the previous financial year, the bank made a net profit of Rs 247.16 crore.
– Its total income increased to Rs 11,421.34 crore during the quarter under review.
– It had seen an income of Rs 6,505.62 crore in the same quarter of the previous financial year.
GNPA and NNPA figures
– Gross NPA of the bank increased to 9.04% of total loans during the quarter.
– Whereas GNPA was 7.20 per cent in the same period a year ago.
– Net NPA of the bank declined to 2.35% in the reporting period.
– It had seen 3.50 percent in the same quarter of the previous financial year.
– During the quarter, it made a provision of Rs 2,314.35 crore for submerged debt and other contingency expenses.
– In the same quarter of the last financial year, provisions of Rs 1,529.26 crore had to be made.