Messaging platform Sarahah App is becoming increasingly popular. There is a flood of messages on the Facebook news feed in which people are talking about each other.
Since the identity of the sender is anonymous, and so the senders are capable of sending all kind of message. But there are many potential dangers as well for using this Sarahah App.
Some basic things about this website and app that you should know about. Zain al-Abidin Tawfiq, a Saudi Arabian developer, has made it. But this domain has been registered in the US.
According to website details, the one who has registered it is also the US. But is also depends on the domain. However, this question definitely stands on the authenticity of this website. This website is registered by a company of Denver Colorado. This is the web hosting company like Go Daddy.
- Developers can share your details if they wish. Because this app is not from a company that you can trust.
- You have to give your email ID to register in this. Hackers can trace you through cookies, email IDs, IP addresses, and browser cookies.
- This app has announced that some other features may come in the future.
- Hackers can hack the details and demand a ransom from the users. Ransom, because users are sending messages to anyone, they have their friends and they are throwing out a lot. If it comes to identifying the identity, surely they will have trouble. Therefore, it can also work as a soft target for hackers.
- Your information can be sold on the Dark Web. Hackers or the developer of this website can make huge money by selling your information to the dark web.
- Your email ID and meta data can be sold to an advertising company. Not only that, hackers can track your pattern and can also break into your second account.
- It is also possible that the developer may launch a feature that identifies your profile as the next feature.
- Currently, there is no option to reply to this app, but this option can be added in the coming time.
What is this app and how does it work?
First of all, the user has to register on his website or app. The user must provide an email id for this. After registering, it has a link to post on Facebook. In addition to Facebook, it has the option of posting on other social networks like Twitter and Snapchat.
You can publicize this link or send it to someone via private message. Anyone can send you a message by clicking on this link. But you will not see the name of the person sent. That is, anybody can write whatever they want and make their point.
This app can be downloaded from the App Store or Play Store. As soon as someone sends you a message through the link, you will get a notification in your app and you can read the message here.
According to the information given in the Sarahah App, you can get honest feedback with your colleagues or your friends. However, the messages received through this app can not be replied.