PF money will be deposited in the account till Diwali, amount will be received in two installments, know how to check balance
new Delhi. The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) will soon be giving a Diwali gift to its more than six crore members. Actually, the first installment of interest is to be sent by EPFO to the account of PF account holders in November. While the second installment is expected to be given by December. Under the first installment, 8.15 percent interest will be paid and 0.35 percent later. In such a situation, it is very important to update the account for the money to reach your account at the right time. If there is a deficiency in documentation, you can miss out on the benefits. So how to rectify those deficiencies and check the balance, know all these procedures in detail.
Easy way to check PF balance
1. To check the balance, log on to EPFO website epfindia.gov.in. Now click on the e-passbook here.
2. A new page will open as you do so. In this, the account holder has to fill his username (UAN number), password and captcha.
3. Submit after filling all the information. Now select the member id on the new page. You will be able to check your EPF balance on the e-passbook present here.
4. PF users can also find the balance through the Umang app. For this, you have to click on the option of EPFO on the app.
5. You have to click on Employee-Centric Services on another page.
6. Click on View Passbook here. Fill in your UAN number and password (OTP) number. OTP will come to your registered mobile number. After this you can check your PF balance.
Money can get stuck due to these mistakes
The PF money will be credited to the account only when the account number is recorded in the EPFO records. If the account number is incorrect, your application may be rejected. Due to which you may face difficulty in getting money. Apart from this, the application can be canceled even if the KYC of the account is not complete or the account is not verified. For claims on PF money it is also very important to have the account linked to UAN (Universal Account Number). Based on this, EPFO will send money to your account.