The look of the new website is quite neat and clean. Its color palette has been kept blue and white. In this, there is a tab of Individual/HUf, Company, Tax Professionals & Others, Downloads and Help in the top bar. Below this is a guided tour of the new portal. At the same time, a pre-filled form has been provided for updating profile, registering complaints and filling ITR.
Apart from this, the services section includes e-verify ITR, PAN to Aadhaar linking, PAN-Aadhaar linking information, e-pay tax, e-filing return status, track PAN verification, and more. Facility to get TAN information has been given.
What will be the facilities for the taxpayers
– Payment can be made in many ways: The best thing about the Income Tax 2.0 portal is that many new payment methods have been added to it. Taxpayers will be able to make payments on the website through Net Banking, UPEI, Credit Card, RTGS and NEFT, the money will be deducted directly from their account.
– Will get refund soon: On the new site, the processing of income tax returns will be faster, so that the taxpayers can get the refund quickly.
– Information about every activity will be found in one place: Users will get information about all their activities on the website i.e. upload or pending action like what documents to upload, things like, on a single dashboard, from where the user will be able to complete the further process.
Free ITR Preparation Software: A free ITR preparation software will help users to fill ITR 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline). That is, by questioning the users, they will be helped in filling their returns on this software. This facility will be available soon for ITR 3, 5, 6, 7.
After uploading of TDS statement, pre-filing facility will be available with information like salary income, interest, dividend or capital gains etc. The last date for TDS filing is June 30, 2021.
– Ease of pre filing: Taxpayers will be able to update their profile in advance. They will be able to give information about their salary, house property, occupation, job etc. in advance, so that pre-filing of ITR is easy.
On the new portal, the facility will be available to fill income tax forms, engage tax professionals and upload your response in cases of ‘Notices in Faceless Scrutiny’ or ‘Appeals’.
– Call center : A call center will also be set up for users’ help questions. Helpdesk and chatbot will be available for assistance.
– Mobile App : Apart from this, a mobile app is also planned to be launched, which will help users to understand the features of the new website.