Sushant Singh case drugs connection: Riya Chakraborty-Shouvik’s whereabouts will remain in jail, court dismisses bail application of all accused
Riya Chakraborty and his brother Shouvik Chakraborty jailed in the drugs case related to Sushant Singh case have received another major blow. The bail plea of jailed Riya, Shouvik and other accused has been rejected by a special court in Kok Mumbai. The special court of Mumbai rejected the bail application of Riya Chakraborty, Shauvik Chakraborty, Deepesh Sawant, Samuel Miranda. All of them have been arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the drugs case. Riya, who was lodged in Byculla Jail, Mumbai till 22 September, had filed a petition in a special court in Mumbai for her bail, on which the court ruled. Earlier on Thursday, the court had completed the hearing on the bail petitions of Riya Chakraborty and her brother Shouvik Chakraborty arrested in the drug case related to the death of Sushant Singh Rajput and reserved the verdict.
After the decision of the Mumbai special court, Riya Chakraborty’s lawyer Satish Manashinde said, “We are waiting for the copy of the court order, after getting it, a decision will be taken to go to the High Court in this matter till next week.”
In fact, this is the second time that Riya Chakraborty’s bail plea has been rejected. Earlier, the magistrate court has refused to grant bail to Riya Chakraborty. Currently, Riya Chakraborty is lodged in Mumbai’s Byculla Jail in the drugs case. The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) arrested Riya Chakraborty on Tuesday and the same day the court granted judicial custody till September 22. Earlier on Tuesday, the magistrate court refused to bail Riya Chakraborty. Riya has since tried for bail a second time, which was decided today.
What were the arguments in Riya’s petition
Riya had argued in her petition that there was not a single female officer who, according to the law, interrogates the present applicant. The Supreme Court had said in the Sheela Burs vs Maharashtra case that the inquiry should be conducted only in the presence of a woman police officer or constable. Riya Chakraborty accused the agency of failing to follow the guidelines of the Supreme Court in the bail application. Also in her bail plea, Riya said that she is innocent and has been falsely implicated in the case. However, NCB claims that Riya bought the drugs.
Significantly, the other accused arrested by the NCB have been sent to judicial custody for 14 days by the sessions court. These include actress’s brother Shouvik Chakraborty, Sushant’s manager Samuel Miranda, his personal staff Deepesh Sawant and drug traffickers Zaid Vilatra and Abdul Basit Parihar. is.
The death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput is being investigated by three federal agencies NCB, Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) from various perspectives. Significantly, Rajupat was found dead at his residence in Bandra on 14 June.