new Delhi. Corona virus epidemic ( Coronavirus Pandemic ) Has given a big relief to the new openers in the Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme, which has made the daughters as millionaires. Sarki has announced a waiver in the eligibility criteria for opening an account in the scheme. According to the Post Office’s New Guidelines, the account in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana) can be opened on or before 31 July 2020 in the name of daughters whose age is 25 March 2020 to 30 June. By 2020, 10 years have been completed during the lockdown period. This will provide relief to the parents of daughters who could not open accounts under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana due to Coronavirus Lockdown.
How much interest you get
– Currently, interest rate of 7.6% is being received in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
– The interest rate remains at the time of opening the account in the scheme, at the same rate, the interest is paid throughout the investment period.
– The government has not changed the interest rates in the July-September quarter on investment in all small savings schemes, including post office saving accounts.
This much can be invested in a scheme
– Up to a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh can be deposited in a financial year.
– The minimum deposit amount in a financial year is 250 rupees.
– Up to one and a half lakh rupees can be invested in a year.
– To continue the account, at least 250 rupees have to be made.
– This amount will be returned in the account of the account holder.
– You can deposit up to 15 years in Sukanya Samriddhi account.
Get income tax exemption
Income tax exemption can also be claimed by investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
– Investment income tax rebate of up to 1.5 lakhs per annum in the scheme.
– Parents can avail income tax exemption under Section 80C of Income Tax Act.
– Interest income and maturity amount in the scheme are also tax free.
At this age, the girl herself can operate the account
According to the rules, the girl can handle her account on her own when she is 18 years old. Before this age was 10 years. When the daughter is 18 years old, the parents will have to submit the relevant documents related to the child to the post office. Let you know
Two daughters will have to give document
– To open an account in more than two daughters, additional documents will need to be submitted.
According to the new rules, if more than two girl’s account is to be opened, then an affidavit will have to be given along with the birth certificate.
Earlier, parents had to give only the child’s medical certificate.