PAN is not connected to Aadhaar, then get this work done soon, otherwise you will have to pay a fine of one thousand
new Delhi. To take advantage of all government schemes, Aadhaar card is very important. Also, the PAN card is also important for the economic status of the person to be clear. This is the reason why the Income Tax Department has asked the taxpayers to link the PAN card to Aadhaar Card at the earliest. Its last date is 31 March 2021. If the linking process is not completed in this period, then the PAN card will become inactive, ie it will be deactivated. Also, a fine of Rs 10,000 can also be imposed under section 272B of the Income Tax Act.
Mandatory for those filing ITR
Linking PAN card with Aadhaar is most important for those filing income tax returns. Based on this, the departments will keep a record of taxpayers. According to CBDT, it is mandatory for those filing ITR to link Aadhaar with PAN. Notification was also issued by the Ministry.
How to do linking
1. Visit the incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in official website of income tax. Click on Link Aadhaar’s option here.
2. As you do this, fill the PAN, Aadhaar number, your name and the given captcha in the box below.
3. After completing these processes, click on Link Aadhar.
4. Apart from this, you can also link Aadhaar with PAN card by going to PAN center. For this, fees ranging from 25 to 110 rupees have to be paid. However it is for some cities including Delhi. In the rest of the place, free linking process is being provided.
Can also link via SMS
1. To link PAN card to Aadhaar, you can also complete this process by filling the message from your registered mobile.
2. For this type UIDPAN from your registered mobile number. After that write the 12 digit Aadhaar number. Then type the 10 digit PAN number. Now send it to 567678 or 56161.
3. Do not use space while typing the message. After UIDPAN, write your Aadhaar and PAN number without spaces.