ITR still not filled, you will have to pay so much fine, file your income tax return yourself in minutes
Who will be fined
It is compulsory for all the people earning 2.5 lakh or more annually. If your annual income is up to Rs 5 lakh and you have not filed your ITR before due date, you will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000. At the same time, if your annual salary is more than Rs 5 lakh, then you may have to pay a fine of up to Rs 10,000.
Yes, you can still file your ITR till March 2021 with a fine. But to avoid fines, one should always file ITR before due date, as in some cases you may have to go to jail along with the fine.
Fill your ITR online like this
– First income tax department official website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home Go to Here you have to log in with your Permanent Account Number. If you are registering for the first time, then you have to register yourself first by going to New to e-filing. If not, you can log in by going to the registered user option.
– After e-filing, you have to click on the user type, where you will have to give details based on your PAN.
After this, you will have to verify it by filling your registration form. After getting verified, you will be registered, then you can log in and file the return.
– To file ITR, you must first select the correct form. Form ITR-1 has to be filled in the case of people with income (salary), income from a house (a property) or income from other sources (other than lottery). At the same time, ITR-2 will have to be selected in case of capital gain. In the case of having more than one house, choose ITR-2A, but in this case there should be no capital gains. ITR-3, ITR-4, ITR-4S form is for businessmen and professionals.
– Then file your return, give correct details of your income and investment. During this time, you will have to provide related documents etc. If your income is more than 50 lakhs then you will also have to fill in column AL, where you will have to give information about your assets and liabilities.
– After filling the form, you will submit your form. Your return, income tax and interest will be automatically calculated.
– After submitting the return, you will have to verify the return. For this, you can use the electronic verification code or Aadhaar OTP or Digital Signature Certificate.