If the address has to be updated in Aadhaar, it is important to stamp with the photo in the bank passbook, learn the rules
new Delhi. Everything from a bank or office to an Aadhaar is required. It is used as Address Proof. By the way, to make Aadhaar Card, you can apply both online and offline. For this, some centers have also been set up by the government. But getting out of the house is quite risky due to Corona. In such a situation, if you have to update the home address in your Aadhaar, then you can do this work right from home. However, some changes have been made in the rules for this. So let’s know what needs to be taken care of.
Address update method
1. If you want to change the address given in your Aadhaar sitting at home, first of all visit its official website uidai.gov.in. If you are working through My Aadhaar in mobile, then go to ‘Update your aadhaar’ section, then click on ‘Update your address online’.
2. Now click on Proceed to Update Address. Enter your Aadhaar number and captcha here and click on Send OTP. After doing this, OTP will come on mobile. After filling these numbers, click on the ‘Update Address via Address Proof’ option.
3. If you want to use your regional language while making updation in Aadhaar, then you will get this option in UIDAI, select it.
4. Now fill in the full address of the house. Write the address you need to update on this basis. It should contain other information including house number, landmark, pincode, area.
5. Click on Preview button to check whether the updated information in the base is correct or not. If the address is found to be correct, select the confirmation box and submit it.
6. Now a list will appear. In which you should photocopy any document as address proof. Such as DL, Voter ID or copy of bank pass book. While copying the bank copy, you have to take care that it has your photo on it. Also, the bank must have a stamp on it. Without this, the passbook will not be considered valid. If all things are fine then select that option. The scanned color image of the document should be in JPEG, PNG and PDF files.
7. When everything is done, click on submit button. Now an update request number (URN) number will also be sent through SMS. This allows the status of the process to be checked. After few days the address will be updated in your Aadhaar.