Bank Holidays in July: Banks will remain closed for 14 days in July, 5 days holiday in many places from tomorrow
New Delhi. In the month of July, there is a queue of holidays in the banks (Bank holiday list in July 2021). The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the list of bank holidays for the month of July, which has a total of 14 holidays. From today i.e. 9th July, there will be 9 holidays under state wise category, religious festivals and other celebrations. At the same time, out of 14 total holidays, 5 will be regular weekends. In many places there has been a holiday of 5 days since yesterday.
Bank closed for 9 days due to festivals
It is worth noting that due to the second Saturday i.e. July 10, there is a holiday in banks and due to Sunday, banks will be completely closed on July 11 and 18 in many states. With this, the banks will remain closed due to festivals for a total of 9 days from Monday to next Saturday. Meanwhile, 15th July is not a holiday.
According to RBI, this upcoming bank holiday is decided according to different states. Banks will not function in only those states where holidays have been fixed.
Here is the complete list of holidays for banks in the month of July (counting from July 9).
1) July 10, 2021- Second Saturday (Weekend Holiday)
2) 11 July 2021- Sunday (Weekend Holiday)
3) 12 July 2021- Monday- Kang (Rathjatra) / Rath Yatra (Bhubaneswar, Imphal)
4) 13 July 2021 – Tuesday – Bhanu Jayanti (Gangtok)
5) 14 July 2021 – Wednesday – Drukpa Tshechi (Gangtok)
6) 16 July 2021 – Thursday – Harela Puja (Dehradun)
7) 17 July 2021 – Saturday – U Tirot Singh Day / Kharchi Puja (Agartala, Shillong)
8) 18 July 2021 – Sunday (Weekend Holiday)
9) July 19, 2021- Monday- Thungkar Tshechu of Guru Rimpoche (Gangtok)
10) 20 July 2021 – Tuesday – Bakrid
11) 21 July 2021- Tuesday- Eid-ul-Adha (Banks closed in Agartala, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kolkata, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Patna, Raipur, New Delhi, Panaji, Ranchi)
12) 24 July 2021 – Fourth Saturday (Weekend Holiday)
13) 25 July 2021- Sunday (Weekend Holiday)
14) 31st July 2021- Saturday- Ker Puja (Agartala)
It is to be noted that these days holidays will be observed in different regions as per the holidays declared by the state. However, banks will remain closed across the country on gazetted holidays. You will be able to do bank transaction activities in a better way if you plan your holidays by observing these holidays.