Arundhati Swarna Yojana: Government will give 10 grams of gold in girl’s marriage, these conditions have to be fulfilled for profit
new Delhi. It is an age-old custom to wear gowns made of gold and present it to the girl in an Indian wedding. But with rising inflation, buying gold is not possible for everyone. Gold is not just an ornament but it is also seen as a better investment for bad times. In this context, the government will give 10 grams of gold as a gift to the daughters in their marriage. For this, the Government of Assam is running the Arundhati Gold Scheme. The government will spend about Rs 800 crore every year on this scheme. However, to take advantage of this scheme, some conditions and rules have to be followed. So, let’s know what those things are.
1. To take advantage of Arundhati Swarna Yojana, the girl’s age should be at least 18 years. Also his marriage is registered. Based on this, the government will give him 10 grams of gold as a gift.
2. To get the benefit of the scheme, the annual income of the bride’s family should be less than 5 lakh rupees.
3. This scheme is being implemented to make people aware about registration of marriage. Hence to get gold, marriage should be registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
4. Girls in very backward areas or villages are married at the age of 18 years. Their studies are not completed by this. At the same time, their health is also affected. To prevent this, the Arundhati scheme is also being run. The aim of the scheme is to make girls aware of education.
5. The benefit of the scheme will be given only on the first marriage. The girl’s age should not be less than 18 years. While the age of the boy should be at least 21 years.